What is a Plus Delta retrospective?
A Plus Delta retrospective is a great retrospective idea for newly formed teams and or inexperienced meeting facilitators. formats. During the meeting the agile team captures the positive aspects (“pluses”) of a project alongside areas for improvement (“deltas”) with a view to enhancing their future performance.
When should I use a Plus Delta retrospective?
For newly formed teams or inexperienced meeting facilitators, this format is a great tool to start with as it drives productive discussions by simply asking each team member to share what they think are the pluses and the deltas of the last sprint or project. From there, we can then identify areas of improvement and create action plans to make sure those agreed-upon ideas are executed and achieved.
Here are some common scenarios where a Plus Delta template can be helpful:
- To assess the effectiveness of a new process or system
- To evaluate the results of a project
- To review the performance of a team
- To highlight areas of success for a process
Alternative to Plus Delta Charts
- Plus Minus Delta
- Using a chart for a retrospective
- Do again /Do better and Plus/Change